Join our workshops and get a chance to enter the FMX draw with great prizes. A V-Ray license and several beautifully designed backpacks await the winners who attend our workshops.
Setting up a V-Ray Shading and Lighting Pipeline
, V-Ray Master Trainer, Chaos Group
23 April 2013, 10:00 – 11:00
, Raum Karlsruhe
This must-see Master Class will help you integrate V-Ray into your workflow. Advanced topics include:
- One-click linear workflow.
- Managing large scenes using the improved V-Ray Proxy loader.
- Transferring animated assets from Maya to 3ds Max using Alembic caches.
- Texture shortcuts using V-Ray procedurals.
- Optimizing Global Illumination for animations.
- Using V-Ray's extensive Render Elements and creating customized render passes.
- Multichannel OpenEXR output for compositing in Nuke.
Rendering Superpower: V-Ray in Production at Industrial Light & Magic
, Image Pipeline Lead, Industrial Light & Magic
23 April 2013, 12:00 – 13:00
, Raum Karlsruhe
Join Industrial Light & Magic Image Pipeline Lead, Jeroen Schulte, for a discussion regarding the studio's use of V-Ray and the films that have benefited from its advanced raytracing capability.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Marvel's The Avengers
And two of this summer's most anticipated films
Kon-Tiki: Real-Life Graphics for
, VFX Supervisor & Co-founder,
Important Looking Pirates
25 April 2013, 15:00 – 16:00
, Raum Mannheim
Niklas Jacobson, VFX Supervisor and Co-founder of Important Looking Pirates, will provide a look at the techniques and pipeline behind the studio's stunning visual effects for the Oscar-nominated Norwegian film Kon-Tiki. Niklas will walk through the shots from concept to completion, describing how they approached the film both creatively and technically. He will also reveal some of the exciting new projects ILP has been working on.